Stranik Cup is a FAI CAT 2 competition and also a leg of Slovak and Czech league. It is a traditional event organized annually over last two decades. All pilots are welcome to join us. ...Expand page for more, including Payment & Cancellation info
- left before start of event
Stranik Cup is a FAI CAT 2 competition and also a leg of Slovak and Czech league. It is a traditional event organized annually over last two decades. All pilots are welcome to join us.
Selection and entry fee
The requirements for a pilot to enter this competition are:
• Valid pilot license and valid FAI sporting license
• IPPI card min. level 4
• Medical insurance covering paragliding with mountain rescue assistance
• Third party liability insurance covering paragliding
• It is highly recommended that all pilots fly with unmodified and certified helmet, harness, paraglider and rescue parachute, 2m radio & mobile phone
• to prove the airworthiness of his glider (valid technical check if glider is older than 2 years)
50 places are reserved for Slovak and Czech pilots.
At least 18 places are reserved for foreign pilots.
Euro bank account:
616 00 Brno
Account no. : IBAN : CZ 86 8040 0000 0031 8100 0029
Benificiary: Radek Simonik
Členovia LAA SR (Slovenský pohár):
Informácie o dotovanom štartovnom pre členov LAA SR nájdete tu: http://www.laa.sk/stranik-cup-2018
Členovia svazu PG (Česka liga):
Informácie o podpore a korunovom účte budú zverejnené na svazpg.cz a pgweb.cz.
The Entry fee includes:
- transport to the take-off
- retrieve from the main routes for all the registered pilots during all competition days (no private retrieval from anywhere)
- upload of turnpoint’s GPS coordinates, GPS tracklog download
- Take-off fees
- ID card
- free camping near take-off (water, toilets, NO showers)
- party (free dinner & beer)
- WiFi internet
- Livetracking on airtribune using own device.
!!! It is highly recommended to use Airtribune smartphone application tracking to increase your safety and fastest retrieves. !!!
Cancellation of event:
In case of bad weather forecast (no chance for at least 3 valid tasks) we will keep 5 EUR to cover preparation costs and refund rest. There is no reserve date for the event.
Prize fund and scoring categories
Sport (max EN-C)
Standard (max EN-B)
Junior (up to 23 years)
Requirement to open a category is at least 4 competitors.
19:00 - 21:00 - Registration
Friday, May 4
07:30 - 09:00 - Registration
09:45 - General briefing, Transport to take-off
Friday, May 4 - Tuesday, May 8
Contest flying days
Tuesday , May 8
Prize-giving and closing ceremony will be after last competition day.
08:45 - Briefing at the HQ, Previous task results
09:15 - Transport to the take-off
12:00 - Pilots briefing, Task definition, Flying
18:00 - Scoring office opens
21:00 - Provisional results
Accommodation and Activities
Free camping at HQ (without showers).
Limited accommodation at HQ: 4 beds inside (6€), 2 beds with own sleeping bag inside(4€), cca 10 loft places under the roof with own sleeping bag (2€)
How to get here
HQ is located on the hill few meters from take-off here. You can get up by car but SUV or advanced driving skill is required in case of wet weather. Usually it is possible to get up for all cars but the road is bumpy. It is also possible to park the car here and have a short 15 minute walk up.