We invite pilots from Peru and from all over the world to participate in the Peruvian Championship and Paragliding Open "AYACUCHO XC 2019" taking place in and around the city of Ayacucho (Peru), located on the eastern slope of the Andes, from 4 to 9 June 2019.View more
We invite pilots from Peru and from all over the world to participate in the Peruvian Championship and Paragliding Open "AYACUCHO XC 2019" taking place in and around the city of Ayacucho (Peru), located on the eastern slope of the Andes, from 4 to 9 June 2019.
This year's edition of the event is a category FAI 2 paragliding competition for the third consecutive year.
Invitamos a todos los pilotos a nivel nacional e internacional a participar en el Campeonato Nacional y Open de Parapente "AYACUCHO XC 2019" que se llevará a cabo en la localidad de Ayacucho (Perú), ubicada en la vertiente oriental de la Cordillera de los Andes, del 4 al 9 de junio 2019.
Este año el evento será una competencia de la categoría FAI 2 por el tercer año consecutivo.
Selection and entry fee
• Valid FAI Sporting License*
• Certified Flying equipment: paraglider, harness, rescue, and helmet.
• GPS (w/cable)
• Mobile Phone (WhatsApp Number and Peruvian Number)
• Radio VHF
• Registration fee payment stub
• Complete registration form ready before Task 1
• Accept local valid regulations.
• External power units for recharging mobile phones (optional)
• Valid insurance for paragliding in Peru (recommended)
*For Peruvian Pilots please contact the organizer to issue the FAI Sporting License.
• Until May 15th: US$ 120.00
• After May 15th: US$ 150.00
* a discount of US$ 20.00 is granted to Peruvian pilots with valid APVL-membership
BCP - Banco de Crédito del Perú
Account N° 194-36891016-1-51 (USD)
Account holder: Marcel Werner Burkard
• Proof payment to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Registration Ayacucho XC 2019”.
• Tag ID
• Event T-Shirt
• Transport to Take off
• Retreive from Landing Place
• 1 lunch pack per day
• Waypoint List
• Prizes for the winners
Prize fund and scoring categories
1°, 2°, 3° ranked in Sport
1°, 2°, 3° ranked in National
1°, 2°, 3° ranked in Women*
* min. 5 participants
08:30 - 14:00 - Official Training Day
18:30 - 20:00 - Official Registration
20:00 - 21:00 - Opening ceremony and Mandatory Safety Briefing
Wednesday, Jun 5 - Sunday Jun 9, 2019
Contest flying days
Sunday, Jun 9, 2019
20:00 - Prize-giving and closing ceremony
08:30 - Transport to take-off
09:30 - Meet Director / Task and Safety Committee meetings
09:45 - Pilots' briefing / Previous task official results / Task definition
11:00 - Take-off window opens
18:30 - Scoring office opens
22:00 - Provisional results
Accommodation and Activities
How to get here
If you like to come by plane, you can take one from the city of Lima and in less than 1 hour you can enjoy all the attractions of the city. From the City of Lima there are two commercial airlines that have two daily flights each (in the morning and in the afternoon). We recommend to approach the airport 2 hours before the flight to check in and load of luggage in the warehouse (maximum 1 piece of 23 kg).
The Comercial Airlines are:
- LATAM Airlines: https://www.latam.com
- LC Perú: http://www.lcperu.pe/
Or check other websites like: despegar.com
If you want to travel by land, we recommend traveling by bus. The best known route is Lima-Ayacucho (500 kilometers), which lasts approximately 9 hours. If you are in Cuzco, the trip can last between 10 to 12 hours; Finally, if parts from Huancayo, the walk will last between 7 or 9 hours.
- Cruz Del Sur: www.cruzdelsur.com.pe
- RedBus: https://www.redbus.pe
Once in Ayacucho can be transported within the city on foot (for short distances), by taxi (average of S / .5.00 per trip) or bus (average of S / .1.00 per trip).
2 De Mayo 792, Ayacucho, Pérou