Welcome to the PAI Paragliding India XC League 2016 - Comp1. The XC League has been conceived as series of competition events to be organised at various flying sites across the country. PAI aims to encourage paragliding pilots to fly cross-country distances in order to improve their skills and set new distance records.View more
One of the top paragliding sites in India, Panchgani (पंचगणि) is a famous hill station and municipal council in Satara district in Maharashtra province. Panchgani is nestled at middle of five hills in the Sahyādri mountain ranges, also there are five villages around the Panchgani are Dandeghar, Khingar, Godwali, Amral and Taighat.View more
Welcome to the PAI Paragliding India XC League 2016 - Comp1. The XC League has been conceived as series of competition events to be organised at various flying sites across the country. PAI aims to encourage paragliding pilots to fly cross-country distances in order to improve their skills and set new distance records. Our aim is to provide a healthy competitive platform for pilots to test their skills against other pilots and maintain a 'point and ranking' system for Indian paragliding pilots.
is registered under The Societies Registration Act 1860 in Goa on 26th May 2010.
Selection and entry fee
- All equipment should be EN/DHV/AFNOR Certified and Unmodified.
- All equipment should be airworthy to fly.
- Helmet and reserve is mandatory
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
- Radio 2m
Insurance: Accident/Medical/hospitalisation insurance covering paragliding (proof to be checked during registration). NO EXCEPTIONS!
- PAI PPPI PG2 Rating (PG3 preferred)
- IPPI or any other equivalent Rating
- Pilots without PPPI PG3 or equivalent rating can participate if they can provide a flight log proof of having done an XC at least once in the past one year covering a distance of at least 20 km and/or recommendation by an instructor or a senior pilot. Such pilots are requested to provide the above before hand by sending the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Decision taken by the organising committee on entry of such pilots shall be deemed final.
Indian Rupee 5,500/- for Indian Pilots
€ 80 for others
Entry fee includes:
- Results processing
- Transportation to take-off
- Medical assistance, Ground based Search and Rescue
- GPS coordinates, map of the area
- One Lunch packet
- Closing party
- Free Wi-Fi at the HQ
Beneficiary: Paragliding Association Of India
Bank : Bank of Maharashtra
Branch : Panaji Branch, Panaji, Goa
Account No.: 60044954528
IFSC Code : MAHB0000084
Payment method - Online transfer (NEFT/RTGS) or Wire Transfer
Optional - Cheque deposited by participant into PAI Maharashtra Bank account
The maximum no. of pilots allowed for the comp is 50.
# Minimum confirmed/paid participants should be 20.
Cut-off date for registration - Monday, 4th January 2016
Cut-off date for payment of entry fees - Monday, 11th January 2016
PAI Event Cancellation/Refund Policy:
Event Cancellation by PAI
- Paragliding Association Of India (PAI) reserves the right to cancel the event due to low enrollment# or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If PAI cancels an event, full amount shall be refunded to registrants within 15 days of the intimation of cancellation.
Registration Cancellation by Participant:
- Refunds will be made on cancellation of registrations on written request up to 15th January 2016.
- Requests for cancellation of registrations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- All refund requests must be made by the registered participant by email to email@example.com
Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/ transaction number.
- Refund amount will be credited back to same account through which payment was made within 15 days after the completion of the event.
Prize fund and scoring categories
Additional awards or product prizes depending on sponsorship
Official Registration, Training, Mandatory Safety Briefing:
Tuesday, 9th Feb,
Registration at 9:00 AM
Trial Task : starts at 10:30 AM
Official Contest flying days:
Wednesday 10th Feb - Saturday 13th Feb
Prize-giving and Closing ceremony:
Saturday, 13th Feb
09:30 - 10:00 Meet Director / Task and Safety Committee meetings
10.00 - 10.30 Pilots' briefing / Previous task official results / Task definition
10:30 – 11:00 Departure to take off
11:30 - 12:30 Window open
17:00 Deadline of task
19:30 – 20:30 Dinner
21:00 – 22:00 Seminars or other activity
Schedule may change according to conditions
Accommodation and Activities
Eco Camp Panchgani.
Tel : +91-02168-41164
How to get here
Panchgani is 120 km from Pune (Maharashtra), West coast of India.
The nearest international airports - Mumbai (4 hrs drive).
Panchgani is located at about 255 km from Mumbai.
There are both private and public bus transport to Panchgani or Mahabaleshwar from Bombay and Pune.
Take a train to the nearest big city - Pune. It takes about 3,5 hours.
From Pune take a bus. Panchgani is 120 km from Pune.
- Vistasp Kharas (369)
- Anil Madgavkar (111)
- Alokkumar Mihani (1)