Paragliding World Cup 2021 is the unique competition for the second time in history uniting many nations famous for thier paragliding achievements. Kopaonik-Raska - one of the most reckoned Serbian flying site, the place for European Championship 2014, PWC 2013, and a number of pre PWCs.Expand page for more details
Kopaonik is one of the largest mountain ranges of Serbia. It is located in the central part of the country. Its highest mountain - Pančić's Peak - is 2,017 m ASL. Kopaonik is a National park and the major ski resort of Serbia.Expand page for more details
- left before start of event
Live trackers supplied
The organiser will supply Live trackers to you, for safety and scoring
The region supports helicopter rescues
Medic on takeoff
There will be medical rescue services at launch
Good phone coverage
The region generally has good phone coverage
We will be monitoring radios for your safety whilst you fly
Live trackers mandatory
Live Tracking is MANDATORY in this event to score. The organiser will provide the trackers.
There will be vehicles supplied to take you to launch
There will be retrieve vehicles available to return pilots to HQ
Toilets on takeoff
There are toilets at, or near, the launch
The organisers will download the tracklogs at HQ for scoring
Maps are supplied
The organisers will give you printed maps at registration
The organisers will give you an ID card with all the essential items listed
The organisers will have free WiFi available at HQ
There will usually be goal beers for winners
There will be an organised party during or after the event
You will receive a tshirt or other welcome gift
This event awards PWCA letters
The organisers support reducing the use of unnecessary plastic at the event. This includes NOT giving disposable water bottles
Prize funds and scoring categories
- Svetlana Bradic
Paragliding World Cup 2021 is the unique competition for the second time in history uniting many nations famous for thier paragliding achievements. Kopaonik-Raska - one of the most reckoned Serbian flying site, the place for European Championship 2014, PWC 2013, and a number of pre PWCs. So this comp is supposed to enjoy a great international attention. The event will have race visualisation based on live tracking so come and support your favourites and let it be a fair and fascinating comp. Welcome to Kopaonik!
Selection and entry fee
The maximum number of participant is limited to 125 pilots.
See https://pwca.org/events in order to register, and find additional info
The Entry fee will be according to PWCA rules.
The Entry fee includes
• Transport to the take-off and retrieve on the main routes for all competition days,
• Emergency rescue and first aid medical service
• Upload of turn-point’s GPS coordinates
• GPS track-log download,
• Color map
• ID card & safety/contact information,
• Lunch package, water (optional)
• competition’s souvenirs,
• Free access to all championship events and parties,
• Free internet (Wi-Fi) access at the HQ and Scoring Point,
• Live tracking service
Documents required at registration
FAI Sporting Licence
Issued by your local NAC on behalf of the FAI. You cannot normally compete in an FAI event without one. Contact your National Association (NAC)
The organiser requires you to present your National flying licence.
Signed Application form
You will need to sign an applicaton form at the venue. Usually the organiser will provide it on arrival.
Signed Waiver/Release form
You will need to sign a waiver or release document to show you understand the risks. Usually the organiser will provide it on arrival.
Identification documents needed
You will need to provide photo ID on arrival. This could be Passport, Driving Licence or National ID, for example.
You must provide the organiser with a copy of your liability (3rd party) insurance documents
You must provide the organiser with a copy of your medical, rescue and repatriation insurance. You can purchase Global Rescue cover from Airtribune
Prize fund and scoring categories
1,2,3 ranking in Women
10:00 Free flying -departure from HQ to TO
16:00-20,00 Official Registration
20:15 Mandatory Safety Briefing
20:45 Opening ceremony
Sunday, July 11, 2021
11:30 First competition briefing
Sunday, July 11 - Saturday July 17, 2021
Contest flying days
Saturday, July 17 2021
20:00 Prize-giving and closing ceremony
08:30 - Deadline for protests of the previous day
09:30 - Transport to take-off
11:20 - Meet Director / Task and Safety Committee meetings
11:30 - Pilots' briefing / Previous task official results / Task definition
12:30 - Take-off window opens
16:00 - Scoring office opens
18:30 - Safe landing report deadline
21:30 - Scoring office closes
22:00 - Provisional results
23:00 - Complaints resolution published
The daily schedule is subject to change. Any changes to the schedule will be announced by the Meet Director at the Daily Pilot Briefing.
Accommodation and Activities
Oficial hotel and event HQ will be in "Kraljevi cardaci SPA". That's one of the top 3 hotels in Kopaonik and we managed very good price for pilots during competition.
• Night in accommodation units: single, double and triple rooms, four-bed apartments (all located in the main hotel building and have a warm connection with the Spa)
• Breakfast or half board service (breakfast and dinner)
• wifi in the whole complex
• use of the room for storing paragliding equipment
• use of the headquarters room
• The price of accommodation is 18.9 euros (2,200 dinars) per night per person in rooms 1/3 and 1/4.
• The price of accommodation is 22.4 euros (2,600 dinars) per night per person in room 1/2.
• The price of accommodation is 36.10 euros (4,200 dinars) per night per person in room 1/1.
The price of bed and breakfast is 25 euros (2,913 dinars) per night per person in rooms 1/3 and 1/4.
The price of bed and breakfast is 28 euros (3,262 dinars) per night per person in room 1/2.
The price of bed and breakfast is 41 euros (4,777 dinars) per night per person in room 1/1.
The price of accommodation with half board is 33 euros (3,845 dinars) per night per person in rooms 1/3 and 1/4.
The price of accommodation with half board is 36 euros (4,194 dinars) per night per person in room 1/2.
The price of accommodation with half board is 49 euros (5,709 dinars) per night per person in room 1/1.
Possibility of additional payment (optional):
• for unlimited use of the contents of the SPA & WELLNESS center is 10 euros (1,165 dinars). The spa center is spread over 1500 m2 and contains: indoor pool and 2 outdoor pools, Finnish sauna, bio sauna (Russian spa), aroma-steam (Turkish) bath, hammam, salt cave, Kneipp pool, tepidarium benches and float spa capsule . Float spa relaxation treatments, body treatments and massages are booked separately and paid extra. The use of the fitness center is also included in the price
Local tax and insurance are not included in the price, and are charged 140 dinars per day per person.
We need your name, with whom you will be in the room, do you need breakfast, or half board, or without food, etc. You will get booking note back. Payment will be in HQ.
Email for booking:
Shuttle bus from Belgrade
We shall organize transportation from Belgrade airport to HQ.
Please send your flight details to email@example.com in order to book your seat.
Transport cost is 35 EUR per person in one way.
For all questions you can also write to us and we'll help you anything what we can.
How to get here
Municipality of Raska, Serbia
General entry requirements for Serbia
1. Valid passport/travel document;
2. Valid visa in the passport, if a Serbian visa is required for passport holders of the respective country;
3. Proof of sufficient funds for staying in Serbia. Sufficient funds are considered to be 50 Euros per day of stay, proved by possession of the appropriate amount of cash, bank statement, traveller's cheques, credit cards or a letter of guarantee;
4. Certificate of vaccination or a note that he/she has not contracted a contagious disease despite coming from an area affected by a pandemic, as defined by the information of the Ministry of Health.
5. If underage children are travelling with one of their parents, it is necessary to submit a relevant certified authorization by the other parent; or if the child is travelling with a third person such authorization is required from both parents or guardian;
6. It is recommended to have a health insurance for the period of stay in Serbia, covering possible medical costs to the amount of not less than 20,000 Euros.
The main airport of Serbia is Belgrade International Airport “Nikola Tesla”. For the info about the Airport, flights departures and arrival please refer to www.beg.aero
Direct transfer Belgrade Airport – Kopaonik
On request, we’ll organize a direct transfer to Kopaonik. The price depends on the number of passengers in the van. Please send us an arrival info (date, flight number, arrival time), your name, and we’ll inform you about the shuttle to Kopaonik.
You can also use public transport (bus) to arrive to Kopaonik from Belgrade.
You can take a bus to Kopaonik from Central Bus station in Belgrade. Take an Airport shuttle service or taxi to Central bus station, and after that a bus to Kopaonik or Raska.
Shuttle service Airport – Centre of Belgrade
Bus number 72
Departure 05:20 AM, departs approx every 30 min until midnight.
Ticket fare: 170 RSD to be paid in the bus.
1 EUR = 113 RSD (prices of 2013)
Bus stop at the Airport:
In front of the terminal building (between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2)
Travel time: About 30-40 min, depending on traffic density.
Mini bus Line A1
Departure 05:00 AM, departs every 20 min until 6,40 PM.
After 6,40 PM departs every 60 min.
Ticket fare: RSD 300 in the bus.
A detailed schedule of shuttle service is provided at web site www.beg.aero
Intercity bus line Belgrade Central Bus Statiion – Kopaonik
Detailed schedule is provided at www.bas.rs
Travel time is aprox 5 hours.
Also, it is possible to travel to the city of Raska, from where we can organize transport to Kopaonik on request. Please send us your name and the time you plan to arrive to Raska, and we’ll inform you about the shuttle to Kopaonik.
If you come from Belgrade the easiest way to reach to Kopaonik is to drive down the highway to Krusevac and then to take the road for Kopaonik. If you want to take a worse road which again is a shorter one then use motorway Belgrade-Kraljevo-Josanickabanja-Kopaonik.
You can rent a car on Belgrade Airport (counter Terminal 2 Level -1), or somewhere in the city:
Taxi Airport – Belgrade Central Bus Station
Available non-stop from Airport. Ask from driver to go to Central Bus Station (in Serbian – „glavna autobuska stanica“).
Fare: aprox 10 EUR.
- Svetlana Bradic