The idea of Panchgani Open is to bring the Paragliding pilots from around the world together to enjoy the love for competition flying...View more
One of the top paragliding sites in India, Panchgani (पंचगणि) is a famous hill station and municipal council in Satara district in Maharashtra province. Panchgani is nestled at middle of five hills in the Sahyādri mountain ranges, also there are five villages around the Panchgani are Dandeghar, Khingar, Godwali, Amral and Taighat.View more
- Sports class - upto EN C
The idea of Panchgani Open is to bring the Paragliding pilots from around the world together to enjoy the love for competition flying.
Selection and entry fee
- Glider Classification: EN, CCC
- Certified EN Harness
- 2m Radio
- Airtribune application installed on smart-phone for Live tracking. (or GPS with livetracking)
- Telegram application installed on smart-phone for competition communication.
- Medical insurance covering paragliding (proof will be checked at competition registration)
Insurance: Accident/Medical/hospitalisation insurance covering paragliding (proof to be checked during registration). NO EXCEPTIONS!
- IPPI or any other equivalent Rating
- Pilots without IPPI or equivalent rating can participate if they can provide a flight log proof of having done an XC at least once in the past one year covering a distance of at least 20 km and/or recommendation by an instructor or a senior pilot. Such pilots are requested to provide the above before hand by sending the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Decision taken by the organising committee on entry of such pilots shall be deemed final.
Indian Rupee 7,000/- for Indian Pilots
€ 100 for others
Entry fee includes:
- Results processing
- Transportation to take-off from HQ
- Retrieval to HQ
- Ground based Search and Rescue and Ambulance
- GPS coordinates, map of the area
- One Lunch packet
- Local SIM Cards (under negotiation)
Please note no helicopter rescue is arranged by the organizer
Payment method to be communicated after confirmation
The maximum no. of pilots allowed for the comp is 100.
# Minimum confirmed/paid participants should be 30.
Prize fund and scoring categories
Official Registration, Training, Mandatory Safety Briefing:
Registration at 9:00 AM
Trial Task : starts as soon as weather permits
Official Contest flying days:
19th Feb to 23rd Feb
Prize-giving and Closing ceremony: 23rd Feb
10:00 task briefing
11:00 window open
17:00 gps download
Accommodation and Activities
Eco Camp Panchgani.
Mobile: +91 99604 36352
How to get here
Panchgani is 120 km from Pune (Maharashtra), West coast of India.
Bhim Nagar, Panchgani, Maharashtra 412805, India
The nearest international airports - Mumbai (4 hrs drive).
Panchgani is located at about 255 km from Mumbai.
There are both private and public bus transport to Panchgani or Mahabaleshwar from Bombay and Pune.
Take a train to the nearest big city - Pune. It takes about 3,5 hours.
From Pune take a bus. Panchgani is 120 km from Pune.
- arvind paul (786)
- Vasily Pavlov (10)
- Jon Pio (288)
- Mirjam Hempel (7)
- Rinul Pashankar (47)
- Preeti Prerna (50)
Sports class - upto EN C
- Vasily Pavlov (10)
- Bishal Thapa (425)