- left before start of event
- before registration 18/01 14:03 (Europe/Bucharest)
Live trackers supplied
The organiser will supply Live trackers to you, for safety and scoring
Medic on takeoff
There will be medical rescue services at launch
Good phone coverage
The region generally has good phone coverage
We will be monitoring radios for your safety whilst you fly
There will be vehicles supplied to take you to launch
There will be retrieve vehicles available to return pilots to HQ
Toilets on takeoff
There are toilets at, or near, the launch
The organisers will download the tracklogs at HQ for scoring
The organisers are using Airtribune for registration, tracking, blogging and to publish scores
There will be daily lunch packs for pilots
Maps are supplied
The organisers will give you printed maps at registration
The organisers will give you an ID card with all the essential items listed
The organisers will have free WiFi available at HQ
There will usually be goal beers for winners
There will be a social evening with food
There will be an organised party during or after the event
You will receive a tshirt or other welcome gift
This event awards PWCA letters
The organisers have commmitted to Carbon Offset the event, including competitior travel to & from the venue
The organisers support reducing the use of unnecessary plastic at the event. This includes NOT giving disposable water bottles
- Romanian Cup Women Provisional Ranking
- Romanian Cup Provisional Ranking
Selection and entry fee
• Registration fee Pay 130 Euro for those pilots who participated in 2021 edition, 150 Euro for any other pilot, 155 Euro for PAYPAL transfer.
• For the Romanian pilots participating for the first time in FAI competitions entry fee value is 100 € (EUR) within 10 pilots limit.
• Pilot documentation required physical registration at HQ
2. Valid online Registration Form (http://airtribune.com/)
3. Signed Release of Liability Document
4. Evidence of pilot qualification (NAC License or IPPI card)
5. Satisfactory evidence of glider airworthiness according to Section 7a.
• The Registration fee includes:
1. Transport to the take-off and retrieve on the main route for all the registered pilots during all competition days, training day not included.
2. Upload of turn-point's GPS coordinates
3. Live tracking and competition scoring
4. Competition map
5. ID badge
6. Lunch package, water
7. Competition T-shirt
*Training day not included. The cable car will cost about 5 EUR. The retrieval with other means of transportation can go up to 10 EUR in total.
Documents required at registration
FAI Sporting Licence
Issued by your local NAC on behalf of the FAI. You cannot normally compete in an FAI event without one. Contact your National Association (NAC)
FAI IPPI Card
The FAI IPPI card is an International card that states your skill level. It is issued by your National Association and matches the level or your flying Licence
The organiser requires you to present your National flying licence.
Signed Application form
You will need to sign an applicaton form at the venue. Usually the organiser will provide it on arrival.
You must provide the organiser with a copy of your liability (3rd party) insurance documents
No reason cancellation before 1st May: 30% refund
Medical reasons, please contact us, special cases will be investigated one by one.
If Covid situation will force the cancellation of the competition we refund:
- 100% if we cancel before 1st of April
- at least 85% if we cancel before 1st of May
- at least 80% if we cancel after 1st of May
Prize fund and scoring categories
1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Woman Overall in the competition
1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Sport Class in the competition
1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Fun Class in the competition
1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked team in the competition
1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Overall Romanian Cup Provisional Ranking
1st, 2nd and 3rd ranked Woman Overall Romanian Cup Provisional Ranking
Official Registration and Unofficial Training Day
16:00-20:00 Pilots registration and welcome desk
20:00-21:00 Mandatory Safety Briefing
>>Saturday, 14 May 2022
Late Registration: 8:00 - 10:00.
10:00 Competition day
>>Sunday, 15 May - Thursday, 19 May 2022
Thursday, 19 May 2022
20:00 Prize giving ceremony
08:00 - Headquarter opens
09:00 - Deadline for responding previous day protests
10:00 - Daily briefing and transportation to Take off
The day off is if weather is not flyable.
Accommodation and Activities
1. For tight budget call at the SkyDreamers School - 2Km from 2# Meeting Point.
2. For those with a decent budget: Vila Trapez - 200m from 2# Meeting Point.
3. For those who prefer a luxurious house very close to 2. Meeting Point: Vila Scobici - 200m from 2# Meeting Point
4. And for those who prefer a business class hotel: Ramada - aprox 1 km from HQ.
We hope that we don't have cancelled days, but if we will, we can arrange a bunch of activities:
1. Canionul 7 Scari - 2 km by buss - 2 hours hiking;
2. Visiting Bran Castle also known as Dracula's Castle. 30 km by bus - entry fee no more than 10 EUR;
3. Brasov: City Tour with ending at the Brasov Citadel (The Black Church - Gothic style monument);
4. Climbing for 30 minutes (or going by cable car) on top of Tâmpa Hill which guards Brasov's Old City;
5. Wineries, gift shops and other lazy activities.
How to get here
By Plane to OTP (Bucharest). In this case call us to arrange transportation.
1. HQ / Centrul Multicultural Sacele
We use this location for Registering, Open Ceremony, Mandatory Briefing, Every Evening briefings and presentations, The Closing Ceremony.
2. MAIN MEETING POINT at Telescaun Bunloc (Bunloc Chair Lift) . We meet here everyday for takeoff departure.
Districtul Al Kufrah, Libia
Sacele, Brasov Romania
Tasks and results
17 May, 2022
42.2 km — Race to goal
19 May, 2022
37.9 km — Race to goal